Today (well really yesterday) I learned that I really should have replaced our house iron filter some time ago. It was on my list of things to do over the last 6 months, and I finally got around to it on Saturday. It was one of those tasks that I’d never done before, so kept procrastinating on it, even though it only took 15 minutes. The filter element, the part you replace, looked like a paint roller that was drenched with some of the russet sunset we had used in the kitchen. (sorry no pics, it was disposed of before I could think of it).
As soon as it was replaced we had at least twice the water pressure in the house. I regenerated our water softener, and now our dishes are getting clean again, the shower up stairs has much more sane water pressure, and the tub faucet no longer has orange water come out of it when you first start it. Yay for that.