A little more progress on TuxPlus

I got a little more progress done on TuxPlus over the weekend, my attempt to build a Linux recording program for the PlusDeck. I stopped being a complete retard, and started using the Device::SerialPort perl module for talking to the serial control port. From that I was able to map out all the RX serial codes from the PlusDeck, all mapped out in TuxPlus::Constants.

I should put together a sample control program, which might actually be enough to release the code. My next major challenge is actually interfacing with sound recording, and ecasound looks like the current best approach there. Though after realizing how bad things sound if the recorder isn’t running at realtime priority, I may just have to write a setuid wrapper with a very small communications interface to it.